Academic Support Center
DeVry Phoenix's Academic Support Center is located in the Library. The ASC offers individual tutoring, computer tutorials and other forms of extra help to all DeVry Phoenix students.
Here are some testimonials from DeVry ASC users:
- "You know there is always someone there to help you when you are stuck."
- "I have a 3.8 GPA. Thanks to the Academic Support Center."
- "I needed help so I would stay after classes and come to the ASC. Without the tutor's help I would feel like quitting."
- "I was going to drop out until I came here."
- "Great program, extremely helpful to maintain academic excellence."
For writing assistance by faculty and tutors, see the posted schedule in the academic support center. Hours change each term and fluctuate for the first three weeks. The ASC is generally open from 9:00am to 9:00pm, Monday through Thursday, closing at 4:00pm on Fridays. The hours for tutoring in specific disciplines change each term and are posted in the Academic Support Center.
|Peer tutoring in Math, Accounting, Electronics, Computer Information Systems, Game and Simulation Programming, and Business is available to all enrolled DeVry Phoenix students free of charge. Tutors are selected from upper class Faculty Assitants who are among the best in their classes. In addition, faculty provide tutoring several hours a week for students in any program. No appointment is necessary.|
|Students who are currently enrolled in English courses may receive extra help with their assignments and papers. They can also prepare for tests with the help of tutors. Students come on a regular basis or drop in when they need assistance.|
Want to be a tutor?
Steps to meet your goal:
- Complete your second term at DeVry with a CGPA of 3.2 or higher
- Fill out an application which can be obtained in Student Central
- Ask two of your previous instructors to complete a Faculty Recommendation form (which comes with the application) for you
Your application and recommendations will be reviewed relative to our current and future tutoring needs. You will be contacted for an interview when we have an opening consistent with your education and work experience. For more information, contact the Academic Support Center