Passport2College (P2C) Program
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE NOW!
A college education is essential in today's high-tech, fast-paced world. Our college courses are a great first step toward achieving this goal. If you want to get ahead of your peers--and stay ahead--DeVry University's Passport2College (P2C) is designed for you.
The "Passport 2 College" is a "tuition-waived" program offered by DeVry University for rising junior and senior high school students to earn college credit in business and technology courses during the summer. Passport2College is open to ALL students who qualify.
"Passport2College" (P2C) -- 2013 COURSES
The summer P2C program will begin the week of July 8, 2013. Courses run for five weeks.
Deadline to apply is June 21, 2013.
BUSN 115--INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY
Introduces business and the environments in which businesses operate. Students examine the roles of major functional areas of business and interrelationships among them.
Phoenix Campus: 3 credit hours.
ECET 100--INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY WITH LAB
Introduces basic concepts of the biomedical, computer and electronics engineering technology fields, including use of electronics test equipment, simulation tools, electronic components, introductory circuit analysis, digital logic.Phoenix Campus: 4 credit hours.
WGD-201 VISUAL DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS
Students examine the foundation of visual design. Topics include the design process; elements of design, such as line, color, form, function and space, and combining elements for enhance visual design. Phoenix campus: 3 credit hours.
MATH-114 ALGEBRA FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
This course focuses on factoring polynomials; solving quadratic equations; matrices; systems of linear equations; rational expressions; fractional exponents; and functions where linear and quadratic functions are emphasized using application problem and modeling. The Minimum requirement to pass this course is 80 percent, and grades of C and D are not assigned. Phoenix campus: 4 credit hours.
"P2C" -- BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
- Get a "jump start" on your college goal
- Build "self confidence"
- Reduce the "fear" of attending a college or university
- Earn college credit that may count toward high school graduation or a college degree
- Students who earn an "A or B" in the course are eligible for another tuition-waived
- DeVry courses provide you with high-quality instruction in a student-focused environment
Steps for Passport2College Entry:
- Complete the application in-person or ONLINE
- Minimum GPA 2.8 (provide copy of High School transcripts)
- Complete the Registration Forms on campus or via mail
- Parent signature is required for permission to take class
- Choose the class you wish to take
- Placement Exam must be scheduled to schedule your exam please contact Chanel Dudoit, Director of Community Outreach at (602)749-4571.
- Pass the Computerized Placement Test or provide ACT/SAT scores
- The CPT test is given as follows and must be scheduled:
- (note: the test takes approximately 2 hours to complete)
- Mondays, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Tuesdays, 12:00 noon - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Closed
- Thursday, 12:00 noon - 6:00 pm
- Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
LOCATION OF CLASSES
- DeVry University - Phoenix Campus
2149 West Dunlap Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021
DeVry University ACCREDITATION
- DeVry University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of College's & Schools
- Undergraduate Degrees in Business and Technology
- Graduate Degrees in Business & Technology Management
For More Information Contact:
Chanel Dudoit, Director of Community Outreach